Burma - it's not over

BBC NEWS | Asia-Pacific | Monks return to streets of Burma: "The British ambassador to Burma, Mark Canning, told the BBC he expected further unrest in the country."

My last post about these protests was made during the beginning of the marches. While I followed events closely as the government response became more and more violent, I didn't continue to blog about it, but I did continue to hope.

And now, a month after the brutal crackdown where many, many people were killed and thousands arrested, the monks of Burma are marching in the street again. Their bravery and courage serves as a message to us all. It sends chills down my spine thinking of what these men are doing, standing up for what they believe in despite the tremendous risks involved. They have both my greatest admiration and my prayers.

No matter what happens, the monks have already won.

No comments: